Friday, August 1, 2008

Wisdom of My Tatay

"It's not by what happens to life but how we react to it; not even by what life brings us but by the attitude to life because destiny is not a thing to be waited for but a thing to be achieved."

If there's one person who loves sending nice thoughts, it's my Tatay! I just received this text message from him and I felt guilty because it's been more than a month of not reaching him out....Whenever I receive touching message from him, I would show it to my friends and would brag about my loving father. There are times that his words of wisdom would make me cry especially when I have concerns that I opted not to share with my family. Of course, my Tatay knew me very well and he's gifted with an instinct to provide me with encouraging words via "text message" in times that I needed them most. I always believe in what he say but I'm not obedient all the time. But there's one thing that I keep in mind, his reminder since I was a child - "To Pray Always."

No comments: