Sunday, June 29, 2008

la, la, la, la, la, la, la........


My blog has showcased a lot of special people in my life. I won’t forgive myself if I can’t find a space on the web, to compliment my one and only sister. She is a Doctor of Medicine, at the age of 27. My parents supported her education throughout, with the generous help of our close relatives.

When my sister passed the boards last year, I was the one hysterical. We broke into tears and hugged each other. My mother’s blood pressure shot up when she heard us screaming. My brother was just smiling while staring at us. My father, who was in Saudi during that incident, sent me a text message that he was on cloud nine. He’s very thankful because he had religiously prayed the rosary daily for a month. It was one of the touching moments in our family history.

My sister is a fusion of the positive traits of my parents.We fondly call her Lala – a name suited for a person who’s been a source of joy and inspiration to her family and friends. Please join me and let’s cheerfully sing together, “la, la, la, la, la, la, la….”

No comments: